How To Reset Garmin GPS Device?
GPS map updates on Garmin, as we all know, are not much difficult. All you have to do is download the Garmin Express software on your system and perform Garmin map updates. Like Garmin GPS reset instructions, you need to learn how to reset Garmin GPS device as well. By resetting the Garmin GPS device, your Garmin GPS Map Updates get erased as well.
You may need to reset Garmin GPS device when it stops working or has encountered any error in its system. To help you to restore the factory settings of your Garmin GPS device, we have discussed some of the easy steps through which you can reset your Garmin device easily. Whenever your Garmin GPS device stops responding and shows up some errors, it is the right time to bring it back to the factory default settings.
Methods To Reset Garmin GPS Device
Resetting the Garmin device can erase all the settings from your device and bring it back to the factory default settings. All you saved data, Garmin GPS map updates, local passwords, everything gets erased from your Garmin GPS device. It is recommended that you reset your Garmin device only when it comes across a serious issue. So there are two ways through which you can reset Garmin GPS device easily.
- Garmin GPS soft reset
- Garmin GPS hard reset
In case you are a beginner and don’t know how to go through the steps, feel free to contact us through our 24/7 toll-free number. We will help you reset Garmin GPS device easily.
Garmin GPS Soft Reset
To perform the soft reset on your Garmin GPS system, follow the instructions given below.
- Press the Power button on your Garmin GPS system and turn it OFF.
- Wait for 20 seconds before turning ON the device again.
- Now let your Garmin GPS device restarted.
- If there would be any temporary errors interrupting Garmin’s functionality, they will get removed with the help of Garmin GPS soft reset process.
Garmin GPS Hard Reset
We recommend you to follow the steps given below carefully in order to avoid facing any issue. Make sure you follow each step as given in the order.
- First of all, disconnect all the cables that are connecting to the Garmin GPS device. You need to detach the power cable as well.
- Now look for the tiny button at the back of your Garmin GPS device.
- Take a pen or a needle to press the button. Hold the button for a few seconds.
- Wait for a few seconds while your device restarts.
- After you hard reset Garmin GPS device, all the local settings, saved data, and other settings get restored to default settings.
- For a Garmin free map update, you need to download the Garmin Express software.
NOTE – Make sure you install the Garmin Express application only in order to perform Garmin GPS map updates.
This post was all about the instructions to reset Garmin GPS device in simple yet easy steps. If you come across any issue or error while attempting to reset your Garmin GPS device, feel free to reach out to us on our 24/7 toll-free number. Garmin technical experts will help you reset the device easily.